December 1, 2023
Updated: December 1, 2023
📕 Books I finished reading
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller – I’m not really a believer in God or Christianity or any religion – but I’m always interested. So I read this in the hopes that it might help me understand why people believe in God — but I’m not sure this one did the trick for me. I found it dry and uninteresting and unconvincing.
- Skipping Christmas by John Grisham – I have a theory that, in general, if you read the book first before you watch the movie adaptation then the book is better. However, if you watch the movie first and then read the book, the movie is better. This has been true for me 95% of the time and it’s true again. I pictured Tim Allen from the movie, Christmas with the Kranks, the whole time I was reading this book. I do love the concept of the story – I can relate to Luther Krank every year.
🎸 Music I’ve been listening to
- History Books, Gaslight Anthem – I became a fan of Gaslight Anthem back around 2016. By that time they were on their indefinite hiatus. I thought I had missed any tours or new music – but, I was very excited when they got back together and toured last year – and now we finally get new music. And it’s a great album from beginning to end and just like I would expect it to be — very similar to their past work, but a little more mature, a little more reflective.
🎧 Podcast episode I thought was interesting
🎥 Videos I thought were worth watching
- Vanilla Ice 1st REACTION to Ice Ice Baby Music Video after 34 years! – I really enjoyed how much he enjoyed looking back at this video. I would’ve thought he might be embarrassed by some of the things – but he didn’t seem to be. After watching this, I went down an Ice Ice Baby live version rabbit hole.
- 3 Ways To Compound Your Portfolio Quickly – This is probably the number one YouTube channel I’ve been watching lately as I’ve gotten more interested in stocks. I thought this video explained very nicely and simply at least one simple strategy for how to invest.
✍ Quote I’ve been thinking about
“Be where your feet are”